This is a great and easy recipe for traditional Ghana light soup
500g diced goat or half a chicken, diced
6 whole tomatoes
Half a kpakpo shito (or hot pepper)
50g tomato puree
1 aubergine (also known as a garden egg in Ghana)
Fufu, banku or rice
• Wash ginger, garlic, chilli, one of the onions and three of the tomatoes, drain, place in blender, season, and blend to a paste.
• Place the mix on the meat with and marinade for 10 minutes.
• Place the meat in a pan cook gently for 10 minutes.
• Add tomato puree cook for 10 minutesadd water 500ml of water and simmer until the meat is tender.
• Dice and add the remaining three tomatoes, the diced aubergine, and the last chopped onion. Cook for 30 minutes.
• Remove onions and tomatos and pass it through the blender, then add to soup again. and bring to a simmer. Season to taste.
• Serve with fufu, banku or rice.
This article was originally written by and posted on Timeout.com